March 30, 2008

Thank you Anasooya Aunty!

Had to take a little longer sabattical from usual food blogging. I could not cook anything at home worth to be posted here at My Dhaba after being relocated to Nagpur, the Orange City, in India.

Most recently we had been to Nandyal, Indira's home town, to witness the FAHC's new unit's inaugural event. The above picture is of Mahanandi temple at Nandyal. FAHC-Nandyal unit began to support 10 children wef February 2008. FAHC now supports a total of 24 children with this addition. More news and details of the event will be posted here on a later date and also at http://www.feedahungrychild.org/.

Let me also share with you a few food pictures taken at Nandyal. Mrs. S Anasooya Devi aunty, the mother-in-law of Indira of Mahanandi food blog, cooked several Andhra delicacies for my family. Thank you dear Anasooya Aunty for such a sumptuous spread of homely food treat and also for all other kind hospitalities during our stay at Nandyal.

Clockwise: the poori platter, thick mutton curry, jeera rice, sambhar, spicy chicken curry, and cabbage palya. Then there were sweets, fruits, rasam, mor kolumbu, etc. You get heavenly foods only at traditional homes! We used to have a similar family meal every day no matter what activities we had on the go. All were dutybound to come home for simple dinner together.

FAHC's first anniversary falls on April 17. A host of events are planned to participate the children and their families. FAHC is making really good progress. Clearly there's a lot more to come. Thanks for your prayers and support. More later.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger capirani said...

I think I am going to love your blog. I love Indian food and I enjoy cooking it. I just don't have enough instruction even though I have good cookbooks. It just isn't the same as info coming straight from the heart. I found your makhani chicken recipe and that brought me here. I am planning on making it very soon.

4/22/2008  
Blogger Siri said...

the platter looks yummo VKN. my best wishes to u and ur FAHC..:D May FAHC tribe increase and attain great heights..:D

Siri

4/27/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog and this platter looks delicious.Would love to see u on my blog..

5/16/2008  
Blogger Andhra Flavors said...

Hi, I want to pass yummy blog award to You,who inspired me to creat a blog. Have a look at my blog for award.
http://andhraflavors.blogspot.com/2008/05/yummy-blog-award.html

5/19/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi VK..Visiting blog after a long time.Good to know abt FAHC.Keep up the good work.

5/23/2008  
Anonymous Rumela said...

I like this platter dish. these dish are sure to taste great and are extremely nutritious as well. I am going to make for the holidays when my kids will be at home. I'll be sure that what they are eating is healthy.

5/07/2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home My Dhaba Recipe MENU * Top 25 Recipes at My Dhaba*